Since the previous release candidate several issues have been addressed
- The clipping of building elements behaves much better now, especially if a polygonal boundary of the clipping volume coincides with faces of the first operand solid.
- Bugs have been fixed in the processing of mapped representations, trimmed curves and connected faces sets.
- IfcBlender has been updated for compatibility with Blender 2.62. Furthermore, hidden elements in the 3d View are now hidden in the Render as well.
- IfcOpenShell now warns if entities with the same GlobalId or id are encountered.
- A major performance issue has been addressed by only sewing faces of IfcConnectedFaceSets when they are needed for Boolean operations.
- We now have automated visual test cases!
Furthermore we would like to congratulate the talented BIMserver team with their upcoming 1.1 release. It is a pleasure working with you to provide an open source IFC geometry engine for the BIMserver. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
The release can be downloaded from the http://ifcopenshell.org website:
- The IFC importer for Blender: http://ifcopenshell.org/ifcblender.html
- The IFC importer for Autodesk 3ds Max: http://ifcopenshell.org/ifcmax.html
- The stand-alone IFC to Wavefront .OBJ converter: http://ifcopenshell.org/ifcobj.html
- The plug-in for BIMserver.org: http://ifcopenshell.org/bimserver.html